You’ve been trying to get pregnant for months without success.
You’re exhausted from the monthly emotional rollercoaster of hope,
endless waiting, disappointment and sadness.
Your desire for a baby is all-consuming and it’s affecting your relationship
with your partner, family and friends.
You’re beginning to wonder if you’ll ever get pregnant and it’s getting harder
to keep the doubts and fears away.
I see you, my sister.
Allow the healing power of Reiki support you on your journey to conceive.
What is Reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a natural energy healing therapy that brings the mind, body, emotions and spirit into balance and harmony. In the Western world, it can be difficult for the logical mind to understand Reiki as we tend to focus on the physical body that we can see and touch. However, all living things have an ‘energy body’ that exists within and around the physical body. Taking a holistic approach to health and wellbeing means taking care of the energy body, as well as the physical body, and this is where the healing power of Reiki can help.
How can Reiki help me?
When the energy within and around the body flows freely, we experience good health and a sense of wellbeing. However, when the energy becomes weakened or blocked – from stress, poor diet and lifestyle, and operations, for example – it can impact the physical body. Reiki is a non-invasive, hands-on energy healing therapy that will:
- Cleanse, balance and strengthen the energy body: clearing blocked or stagnant energy, restoring the normal flow of energy and reinforcing the body’s innate ability to heal itself.
- Focus on the Sacral Chakra, the energy point just below the belly button that governs the reproductive organs. When working with women who are trying to conceive, the energy is often blocked or weakened in this area.
- Release the negative energy of past events and emotional trauma that may be a barrier to conception.
- Deeply relax the mind and body to let go of the stress and anxiety of trying to get pregnant.
- Help you step off the monthly rollercoaster and return to a place of mental and emotional peace.
- Replace your doubts and fears with positivity and love for your amazing body.
A Reiki treatment is a comforting, nurturing experience, the ultimate act of self-care when you need it most. This is much-needed time out of your busy life: to voice your thoughts and feelings is a safe, non-judgmental space, to detach from your worries and reconnect with your true self. During the treatment, you remain fully-clothed as you lie on the therapy couch with blankets and pillows. All you need to do is close your eyes, relax and enjoy the calming music. You can benefit from a Reiki treatment at any time of the month and it may be especially helpful after ovulation to provide support during the challenging two-week wait.
“I’d been married for a few months before we started trying for a baby but travelling for work and the stress of my demanding job often got in the way. I turned to Reiki to help manage the stress of my busy life and while I definitely felt much better, Emma helped me see that I wasn’t dealing with the root cause. I loved my Reiki treatments but it was so much more than that! Emma supported me to make some positive changes so I’m nowhere near as stressed and I’ve made space for a baby to come into our lives when the time is right. Emma, I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful healing, your clarity and support.”
KR – Reiki Client
What does the research say?
It’s been well documented that high levels of stress can negatively impact conception. A recent research study found that women who reported higher stress levels during their ovulation window were 40% less likely to become pregnant that month, and over time this translated into a three-month delay in conception (1). When it comes to unexplained infertility (where there is no medical reason why a couple cannot get pregnant), rates have doubled in the last 20 years. Today, up to 40% of couples suffer with unexplained infertility and experts believe that our increasingly stressful lifestyles are to blame (2).
One of the most important benefits of Reiki is relieving stress and anxiety that may become a barrier to conception.
A number of well-designed scientific research studies have proven Reiki to significantly reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety (3) by enabling the mind and body to become deeply relaxed (4). The studies show that Reiki has long-lasting benefits enabling research participants to manage their daily stress (5) as well as providing a sustained reduction in the symptoms of stress many months after the treatments have come to an end (6).
What do my clients say?
Without exception, my clients feel stressed and out-of-balance when they come for their treatment and leave feeling calmer, with a sense of peace and better able to cope with the monthly cycle of trying to conceive. Over time, many of my clients report a subtle shift in perspective and a sense of inner strength that enables a more positive approach to the challenges they face.
“I turned to Reiki after I had been trying to get pregnant for over a year with no luck. It was taking over my life and was affecting how I felt about myself and the relationship with my partner. I knew I needed support and feel blessed to have found that in Emma. It was such a comfort to be able to talk about how I was feeling without having to put on a brave face. I learned a lot about myself from those conversations – they were as valuable as the Reiki! I looked forward to my treatment all week so I could totally switch off and relax. I left feeling calmer, more like myself and my partner noticed the difference too. When it was time to consider other options, Emma helped me make sense of what I really wanted and when we start IVF in a few months, I am grateful to have Emma on my support team, with me every step of the way.”
FJ – Reiki Client
Reiki is a wonderful complementary therapy that supports you on your journey to conceive. By promoting relaxation of the mind and body, reducing stress and strengthening the energy body in readiness for conception and pregnancy, Reiki offers profound improvements to your overall mental, emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
(1) S. Akhter, M. Marcus, R.A. Kerber, M. Kong, K.C. Taylor. The Impact of Periconceptional Maternal Stress on Fecundability. Annals of Epidemiology, 2016;
(2) A. Morgan, MD, Director of Shore Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Lakewood, New Jersey. Stress and Infertility. http://www.webmd.com,
(3) Kurebayashi, LFS. Turrini, RNT. Souza, TPB. Takiguchi, RS. Kuba, G. and Nagumo, MT. Massage and Reiki used to reduce stress and anxiety: Randomized Clinical Trial. Rev. Latino-Am Enfermagem, 2016.
(4) Witte, D and Dundes, L. Harnessing life energy or wishful thinking? Reiki, placebo Reiki, meditation and music. Alternative and Complementary Therapies, 2001.
(5) Vitale, AT. Nurses’ lived experience of Reiki for self-care. Holistic Nursing Practice, 2009.
(6) Shore, AG. Long term effects of energetic healing on symptoms of psychological depression and self-perceived stress. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 2004.