I am following the latest advice from the Government and the UK Reiki Federation to reopen my treatment room for in-person energy healing treatments. I have completed a risk assessment and from Tuesday 7 September 2020, will implement additional infection control measures to protect both of us. These include:
1. In-person Reiki appointments are available at 10am and 1pm on weekdays only (Monday to Friday). This allows me enough time to clean and disinfect all surfaces, and air the treatment room, in between each client. If these times are not convenient for you, Distant Reiki appointments are available at 6pm on weekdays and at 10.30am on Saturday mornings in addition 10am and 1pm on weekdays.
2. Guidance states that treatment times must be kept to a minimum, therefore in-person Reiki appointments will be a maximum of 90 minutes. This includes a short consultation, a 50 minute Reiki treatment and time to briefly discuss observations and self-care advice after the treatment.
3. If there is something you would like to discuss in detail, either before or after the Reiki treatment, you are welcome to book an Wellbeing Coaching session which will take place by telephone or Zoom.
4. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend your in-person Reiki appointment. Symptoms include:
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough and/or
– Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste,
In addition, if you have come into contact with anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, anyone who is self-isolating, or anyone sharing a household with anyone who is self-isolating or displaying symptoms, please do not attend your in-person Reiki appointment. If you have to cancel your appointment, it can be replaced with a Distant Reiki healing treatment. If you have to cancel your appointment completely, I would appreciate 48 hours notice please.
5. You will be invited to use hand sanitiser when you arrive and I will wash my hands before and after working with you.
6. I will wear a face shield/visor throughout your appointment. You are welcome to wear a face mask too.
7. The towels that cover the treatment couch, and pillowcases, will be replaced in between each client (as always). I will not be providing a blanket to cover you during the treatment although you are very welcome to bring your own.
8. There will be no skin-to-skin contact during the treatment. All hand positions during the in-person Reiki treatment will be hovering a few centimetres over the body. Previously, I would have touched the head, hands and feet/ankles and these hand positions will now be hovering.
9. Unfotunately, the toilet facilities are not available to Reiki clients (as they are in a family bathroom upstairs). Please use the bathroom before attending your Reiki appointment.
10. Your name and telephone number will be provided to NHS Track and Trace only at their request.
11. Despite these precautions there is a slight risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as a result of attending your in-person Reiki healing treatment. By attending your Reiki treatment, you understand and accept these risks.